Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Exo-Terra

Exo-Terra is an amazing brand! They always have great quality products. I use their products alot with my Dumpy Tree Frog. Since this week is all about Whites Tree Frogs I thought I would post some products from Exo-Terra that are great for these kinds of tree frogs!









Exo Terra Rainforest Kits
I use one of these kits for my White's Tree Frog because it is really a great deal! It is fairly pricey but it does come with almost everything to start up your White's Tree Frog with a really cool habitat. They are visually apealing and very high quality. With the dual swinging door they have very high protection. My frog has never once got out of his cage, let alone tried, because its like paradise!
      Small Kit Includes:
  • Glass Terrarium
  • Compact Top
  • Hygrometer
  • Thermometer
  • Rock Background
  • Small Waterdish
  • Plantation Soil
  • Jungle Plant Croton
  • Jungle Plant Amapallo
  • Jungle Vine Medium
  • Jungle Fern Small
Medium Includes: Exo Terra Glass Terrarium - Compact Top - Hygromometer - Thermometer - Rock Background - Water Dish Medium - Plantation Soil - Jungle Plant Croton - Jungle Plant Amapallo - Jungle Vine Small - Jungle Vine Large - Jungle Fern Large - Instruction Manual

Exo-Terra Compact Bulbs





The advantage of the Exo Terra Repti Glo Compact Fluorescent bulb is its size and the fact that it is self-ballasted. A regular screw fitting is sufficient to operate these bulbs. The spiral shape of the bulb enables vertical or horizontal mounting without compromising performance. I use one of these in my White's Tree Frog's Exo-Terra Tank.
















Exo-Terra Heat Wave
I have to confess I don't use one of these I actually got a zoo med one but it was a last minute decision. I needed one right away because it was an emergency but if I would have had time I would have gotten one of these!
The Rainforest substrate heater simulates a heated forest floor of tropical areas. The sun is often blocked by trees and clear skies are alternated by cloudy conditions in tropical areas or rainforests. Heavy rainfall keeps the soil often moist what results in a high air humidity, especially when the sun breaks through the clouds and heats up the moist soil. Because of the climatological conditions, the soil or substrate never heat up to the extreme like in desert environments. The power of the Heat Wave Rainforest substrate heater is designed to create these conditions in the terrarium.




Plantation Soil
Exo Terra Plantation Soil is made from compressed coconut husk fibre from the plantations of tropical Asia. This ecological substrate is ideal for increasing humidity in the terrarium and is totally safe for frogs, salamanders and burrowing or digging animals. The substrate can also be used as an incubation medium because of its hygroscopic properties. This 100% natural substrate can even be used as a nutritional planting soil for live plants in a terrarium set-up.



These are just some of Exo-Terra's amazing products and I encourage you to check out their website at: Exo-Terra Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment